01/11/2016

Day 1: Bugs #IntPiPoMo

Wondering what the hashtag in the title is all about? Click here. Want to know all the themes that I have used and will be using for my 10 Days of SWTOR Screenshots? You can find the full list here.

I don't know how I feel about the fact that finding screenshots for the "bugs" category is still so easy nearly five years in... I guess it's a positive that at least most of them are very minor and many are actually kind of amusing.


First off, we have a simple display bug that took them quite a bit of time to fix as far as I remember. When you move from the Rishi "spaceport" into Raider's Cove proper, there was a bit where the floor would suddenly become invisible under you, making it look like you were floating in mid-air. Not particularly annoying, just silly and a bit immersion-breaking the first time.


Now this one requires a bit of explanation because at first glance it just looks like a case of me "standing in the bad", right? Wrong! This was taken during a brief period when operations bosses suffered from a sudden case of displaying their floor markers and animations incorrectly. Considering how important these are to avoid dying, I'm sure you can imagine what a barrel of laughs that was. It didn't deter my guild from raiding, but it certainly felt very wrong and nerve-racking to just stand there while the giant tentacle appeared to be hitting me, just because it wasn't really targeting me...


When I created my Mercenary Tessal (the one who levelled through flashpoints), there was a bug going on that prevented mob corpses from despawning correctly for a time. It was both amusing and slightly disturbing to see the streets of Jiguuna absolutely littered with bodies (much more so than usual anyway).


Speaking of bodies, what's up with this guy? Not only is he dead and floating in the air, what's up with that weird pose? That's certainly not a death pose. There was a Gamorrean floating nearby that had exactly the same thing going on. Happened to encounter this on Tatooine while doing heroics.


The Vanguard ability Transpose, which was introduced in 4.0, allows you to swap places with a friendly target. However, it has a cast time and it's possible to run out of range before the cast completes. What happens then? The transposition fails and you both become temporarily invisible. Fun! Here's my pet tank and me living life as floating guns after one such failed transposition.

IntPiPoMo count: 5

No comments :

Post a Comment

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)