27/04/2015

Day 9: Silly

This is the ninth post in my 10 Days of SWTOR Screenshots challenge. Click on any screenshot to see a larger version.

After the grousing of the last two posts, let's look at some very random and silly things!


Here I was working on the Seeker Droid quest chain on Balmorra, when a dread-seeded Bormu of all things burst out of the ground. I was like... really? That thing was hiding under that small mound of earth? As if Bormus aren't ridiculous enough as they are.

(On a side note, it feels like every time I work on this quest, I'll either find the seed within my first three searches, or I'll spend ten minutes or more running in circles without finding anything. There seems to be no in-between. Has anyone else noticed this?)


In Terror from Beyond, if you take the speeder after killing the first boss but before you've cleared the trash leading to the second boss, it will drop you right in the middle of the first trash pull. (I don't know whoever thought that was a good idea... or maybe that someone just enjoys playing practical jokes on raiders.) I'm sure you can imagine this leading to all kinds of fun whenever people take the speeder at the wrong time. However, one time when this happened to me, the speeder dumped me in the middle of the trash mobs as expected - yet they just didn't aggro. I had fun striking poses while they ignored me.


Fun fact: while cut scenes filter out any players that aren't grouped with you, they don't filter out NPCs, so you can end up with funny shots like this one, which shows my Scoundrel having an important conversation while a crowd-controlled Sith is asleep while standing up right next to her.


If you're the cautious type like me, you may not know this, but like the Lich King in WoW's Icecrown Citadel, Revan in Temple of Sacrifice doesn't actually aggro until you start the fight by attacking him. This makes for some amusing screenshot opportunities.

1 comment :

  1. Ahh the memories we find entertaining. I like where you are going with this.

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)